The Morning Commute: March 12, 2015
It's getting warmer out there. We can already hear the din of blow torches from roofers taking advantage.
1) Solar is making big inroads in the power scene. With panel prices falling and efficiency rising, traditional power generators are trying to put the kibosh on solar's growth.
2) Amtrak accident the other day for a Philadelphia-bound train underscores the fact that more safety training for truck drivers seems needed.
3) Parklets are pretty rad. They also have varying types and degrees of use depending on the businesses near them: lessons from West Philadelphia.
4) Groundbreaking is set today for 500 Walnut, the luxury tower near Independence Hall.
5) DC is considering incentives for developers who build 3 bedroom apartments.
6) New York's hugely successful late night delivery program for trucks.
7) Eliminate parking requirements for residential development, full stop.
8) Why are Philadelphia streets in such poor condition? It's the budget stupid.