The Morning Commute: July 2, 2014
Another scorcher out there! Why not cool off with some Philly urbanism news:
1) Nice job Congress: we're heading over the transit funding cliff.
3) The PA House won't vote on allowing Philly to levy a local $2/pack cigarette tax to fund schools.
4) A two-judge panel at the Public Utilities Commission says ride-share companies Uber and Lyft can't operate in Pennsylvania.
5) The public space One Water Street got height bonuses for is pretty bush league.
6) Interface Studios is doing the land bank Strategic Plan.
7) Housing prices are starting to stabilize as new supply comes on the market, but we still need a lot more rental housing.
8) If this Northern Liberties valet parking plan gets enough cars off N. 2nd Street to do a protected bike lane, it'd be worth it.
9) Sizing up Walt Disney as a city planner.
10) The Curbee - let's do it!