The Morning Commute: April 1, 2015
The founder has been under the weather for quite some time. Apologies for the lack of posts. Here's a half-sized post for today.
1) Stockholm has been implementing Vision Zero, a program to reduce road deaths, for 20 years. Stockholm is beginning to look at version 2.0 of Vision Zero.
2) Income inequality and housing... the direct connection. Remember this next time a NIMBY complains about shadows and parking and wants to reduce the density of a proposed development.
3) Queens' "Boulevard of Death," which we've mentioned previously on the blog, is getting a reboot. Protected bike lanes are just one of the interventions coming.
4) No surprises here. Council to Nutter: Find another way than a 9% increase in property tax to fund Philly's budget shortfall this year.
5) Firm that once sold it's Center City portfolio, is getting back in.